It doesn't have to be Valentine's Day to feel the love in Thailand. Friendly favors and random acts of kindness are just the norm here...As they should be! Meet a few of the Thai folks we've run into--they might be strangers, but that didn't stop them from showing us some love.
1. Our impromptu guide, who gave us an hour tour of this beautiful temple and a Buddhism 101 crash course.
2. The Thai fabric guru, Sandy, who has taken us under her wing and introduced us to this incredible industry.
3. Smiley Man, who has one of those smiles that warms you inside and out. He shoots us one each and every day. There's nothing like a cup of coffee and a smile to start your day off right!
4. Our human GPS, who found us turned around on a country road. We asked for directions in broken Thai, English and body language. At the drop of a hat, he put down his lunch, hopped on his bike, and guided us home himself.
5. Mr Fix it, who we asked for directions to the closest bike shop. He fixed the bike himself and sent us on our way asking for nothing more than a smile in return.
So go spread the love and bring a smile to someone’s face. Here’s to feeling good, because after all, it’s Valentine’s Friday!
(Trouble seeing the photos? Read the blog on our website HERE.)
Traveler Matthew recently traveled to Taipei, Taiwan to visit his cousin.
The trip left him feeling bubbly since there were plen-tea of amazing things to do.
From going on a wok in the park
When we asked Traveler Leonore what her favorite thing about exploring a new place was, her response was: the people.
“Because I travel often for work, I have the added opportunity to really meet people in their every day life. This is what I love the most.”
And that didn’t change on her trip to Chennai, India where her husband is from.